Staying at your getaway terms and conditions
You may cancel your booking at any time prior to your arrival however if your cancellation is made between 30-60 days prior to your arrival then you will be charged a fee of 25% of the total cost of your package.
If your cancellation is made within the period of less than 30 days prior to your arrival you will forfeit 100% of the total cost of your package.
If for some reason you do not check in on the day of your booking, you will forfeit 100% of the total cost of your package. We strongly recommend you taking out travel insurance in the unlikely event of a cancellation being made for reasons beyond your control.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
For accommodation reservations that are impacted due to Covid-19 level changes through either a lockdown or the inability to access the getaway due to travel restrictions, postponement dates (pending availability) will be offered in the first instance.
A full refund will not be given however:
Romantic Gestures™ Ltd will do the following:
* Negotiate alternative dates of your booking with you and our accommodation providers.
* Negotiate your refund options with our accommodation providers (you may receive none or a partial refund due to costs incurred or loss of earnings due to a short notice cancellation).
For any cancellation requests due to Covid-19 less than 30 days from arrival are subject to our cancellation policy above. However we will consider each refund request on a case by case basis.
Clients that are from countries that are an area of concern (1a & 1b are required to isolate in a MIQ facility for 14 days once they arrive into NZ. Failure to do so will result in the following:
- You will not be entitled to any refund of any cancellation made.
- Any bookings made will be cancelled immediately by Romantic Gestures™ Ltd and client affected will be notified.
- Healthline informed (0800 3585453)
Romantic Gestures™ Ltd has enforced this policy to assist with limiting the spread of Covid-19, and the only way to do this is to put extreme measures in place.
We will continue to assess the situation and will provide further information as matters progress. We strongly advise all travelers to carefully review and select appropriate cancellation policies according to personal needs and the outlook on Covid-19.
If for some reason, you require a change in the date/time of the booking being carried out, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that this is done to accommodate all parties. If these changes result in an increase in price, you will be required to pay the difference between the original price and the new price.
However, if there is a decrease in price you may be eligible for a refund of the price difference. All changes are subject to availability. Should there be a 2 night minimum stay required for your booking and you request a reduction in the number of nights booked, changes made within 30 days of your arrival will forfeit the cost of the second night’s stay.
Unless otherwise specified, all products and services booked and paid for by cash, direct credit or credit card are non-refundable. If a refund is due, we reserve the right to make a refund in the same manner and the same currency used to pay for your purchases. This refund will be made excluding the deposit. To process your refund, if due, you will need to provide your contact and bank details. A refund may be denied for the following reasons:
- A reasonable amount of notice was not given to terminate the contract resulting in penalties from third party agencies.
- Damages caused by you and/or your guest(s) during the duration of your booking. All costs associated to any damages will be sought from you. Damages include physical, emotional, financial hardship/loss to the third party operator as a result of the damage. You will be given 5 working days from the date of the damage to pay all costs involved including costs arisen from structural repair, replacing of equipment, counselling, legal fees, funeral arrangements, re-painting. If you have not paid the cost of damages, an approved debt collection agency will intervene on our behalf. We are not liable for any costs incurred as a result of damage(s) caused by you and/or their guest(s) and you are liable for all debt collection costs.
General Terms and Conditions
The client accepts that they are responsible for the following during the duration of their booking:
- The health and well being of themselves and their guest(s).
- All legal issues that the client has that will inhibit the booking.
- Obedience to any health and safety guidelines in the areas that they are in.
- Injuries cause or obtained whilst on a booking.
- Any pre-existing or current health issues that the client of their guest(s) has.
- Any damages caused by the client and/or their guest(s) during the duration of their booking.
- No extra guests are allowed access to the getaway unless prior permission has been sought and the appropriate fee paid.
- No gatherings or parties are to be held on site of the getaway. If it is found that such a gathering has occurred after the booking ends we will invoice the appropriate cleaning fee.
The client accepts the following conditions prior to confirmation of their booking:
- All payments made by credit card will incur a fee of 4% (+0.45c) of the total cost of the booking.
- Full payment must be made at time of booking.
- Should additional third party services be required for your booking, a 50% service fee will be charged upon a cancellation.
- Any honeymoon itineraries created by Romantic Gestures Ltd ™ will incur a fee of 20% of the total cost of the itinerary.
- Romance planning and co-ordination services will be charged at a rate of $100.00 per hour unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties. A deposit of $100.00 will be required in order for any planning to proceed.