Celebrating anniversaries can be difficult when you are on limited income which is why we are excited to bring you these 25 romantic budget anniversary ideas. How you celebrate it speaks volumes about the love you have for one another, not the value of the gift given.
You don’t have to buy each other the most expensive flowers, chocolate, jewellery etc to show them how much you care. Gifts given from the heart will be well received than the gifts with the highest dollar value.
If you struggle with creative ideas and would like some guidance in this area and for more romantic budget anniversary ideas then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Here are 25 Romantic Budget Anniversary Ideas that are either free or frugal:
- Write a love letter to your sweetheart
- Blow up a balloon for each year of your marriage/relationship and put a piece of paper in each one with something nice about your sweetheart
- Go out to breakfast instead of dinner
- Dress up and dance all night in your living room or bedroom
- Enjoy a quiet game night at home preparing your favorite snacks and beverages
- Make a special dinner with choice ingredients at home
- Go out to dessert after dinner at home
- Bake an anniversary cake together
- Record a video using your webcam or cell phone telling your spouse what you appreciate about them
- Order takeout from a local restaurant that you haven't had before
- Go to a local wine/beer/gin tasting during the day
- Ride (tandem) bikes at a favourite recreation spot
- Make ice cream sundaes at home
- Take pictures of one another and make some fun collages
- Take a shower or soak in a hot tub together
- Eat a picnic lunch at your favourite spot
- Learn how to say “I Love You” and “Happy Anniversary” in several different languages
- Play your favourite sport together
- Paint or draw pictures of one another
- Have a fun night of intimate games planned
- Go bowling
- Go on a hike
- Go on a boat ride
- Read aloud a book to one another
- Have a dream night where you set goals
Remember, it's about making memories together not buying expensive gifts that leave a lasting memory for years to come.
For more information on these Romantic budget anniversary ideas head to the Happy Wives Club, where you can read the full article and then head to the gifts page on our website and order your ‘Date Night in a Jar’ containing 52 Date Night suggestions so you can have regular Date Nights and not have to worry about what to do. Simply choose a stick and if you don’t like it return it to the jar and choose another. Spare sticks are included for you to add your own suggestions.
If you have a Romantic Budget Anniversary Idea not mentioned above, we would love to hear about it below.